Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fairy, Bug and Princess Headband Holders

When visiting my nieces about 6 months ago, my sister mentioned that she'd like something to hold their headbands. I thought, hey! I could make her something. After making some prototypes, I found myself making them for others and eventually selling them!

I still have yet to actually send any to my sister! Thankfully, she understands that I'm crazy. :) Just kidding. Jenny--yours are in the works, I promise!

Here are some I've made lately:

My husband cuts the bodice forms out of a template I draw out on MDF. I then design, paint, glue, staple, cut, etc. until they look like the above. My dad still claims that my husband makes them. But, hey, it's a team effort here! I'm now selling them, thanks to some repeat clients and encouragement from friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment